Where has Maca been all our lives?! This earthy flavoured superfood belongs to the cruciferous vegetables family, along with the likes of cabbage, broccoli, kale, turnips and brussel sprouts. Known to help balance hormones, heal the gut, detox the liver and prevent cancer!
Maca is also an adaptogen that helps the body adapt to stress which is an important factor in fertility, it promotes libido, energises and promote general feelings of wellbeing which is why you will find Maca in our Vitality Blend as an all round supplement every woman needs!
One of the most notable qualities of Maca is its long standing traditional use to enhance fertility. On the science front, some research studies have shown that Maca improves quality and survival of embryos. There is definitely nothing to lose by adding this food to your fertility diet,find out more on the Wombman Wellness Podcast Season 2 Ep3: THE MASTERCLASS on HOW and WHEN to eat for fertility.
It’s highly unlikely that there is a more delicious way than this to balance your hormones and improve your fertility.
• 2 cans coconut cream OR coconut milk
• 2 tsps. vanilla essence
• ½ cup honey
• 3 spoons Maca
• 1 spoon corn starch
• ¼ cup choc chips OR dark chocolate slab chopped into tiny pieces
- In your blender, add all the ingredients together except for the maca and chocolate.
- Blend on high for five minutes until the ingredients are dissolved and well combined, at least 5 minutes.
- Take a freezer safe container and pour your mixture into the container and slowly start adding your maca and choc pieces.
- Place in the freezer for the first hour.
- Remove from freezer and start whisking it for 5 minutes, to incorporate air so that it has a creamier consistency and not from ice particles.
- Place back into the freezer and repeat the step, every hour for 5 hours or until its frim and starts to set.
- Then freeze completely for four hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle a little bit of maca and some more choc chips
Scoop us off our feet by sharing yours and tagging us on Instagram!