A delicious way to detox!
Chlorella, Apples and citrus fruits aide detoxification processes while nourishing your body with essential vitamins and minerals for improved immunity and health.
The liver is a key player in women’s hormonal health, it is responsible for metabolising hormones like oestrogen, excreting the metabolites and maintaining hormone balance. A sluggish liver often leads to hormonal distress so a daily intake of foods that promote liver function will support proper hormonal function and metabolism.
Chlorella– a green algae rich in antioxidants and has antiviral properties that help fight off infections, enhance immune function and stimulate tissue repair. It is an excellent liver detoxifier known to remove heavy metals like mercury and cadmium as well as pesticides and other industrial pollutants.
Apples– a humble common fruit that regulates blood sugar, preventing sugar spike. Pectin, a fibre in apples regulates bowel movements aiding in both constipation and diarrhoea. While antioxidants found in the skin of the apple help fight inflammation in the body and reduce free radical damage.
Limes– help relieve the toxic burden in the body, their alkalising and detoxifying effects reduce inflammation, prevent formation of kidney stones and improve digestion. Their rich source of Vitamin C, an antioxidant, is beneficial in women with Iron Deficiency Anemia as it helps the absorption of Iron, it also lowers the risk of strokes in women.
This mocktail packs a punch with three liver loving foods that improve the detoxification of heavy metals and other toxins that disrupt hormones and negatively affect health!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
• 4 apples
• 4 limes or small lemons
• 4 teaspoons chlorella powder
• 1 litre apple juice
• Mint and blue berries for garnishing
- In a jug, pour your apple juice, add your chlorella and mix until well combined.
- Cut your apples into strips and add into the jug.
- Cut 2 of your limes/ lemon into halves and squeeze out the juices into the apple juice mixture.
- Grate the skin of those used limes/ lemon and use 1 teaspoon of zest and add into the mixture.
- Add your ice and mix well.
- Pour into your serving glasses and serve chilled.
Enjoy sipping! Share and tag us on Instagram